Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

03 December 2006

Grand Re-opening

Welcome to the new, improved Soliloquy blog. Now even soliliquyer! Yes, Brother Lawrence is back just in time to miss being mentioned in Belgian Waffle's list of the best blogs of all time.

I apologize for the abrupt manner in which the former blog was abandoned. I figured it was time to do some soul searching. I asked myself whether it was right to post disparaging blogs about my brothers. I decided to ask forgiveness for the hurts I caused and for my flippancy in writing about serious matters such as my vows and Holy Mother Church. Finally, I sought healing for the rotten core of cynicism in my soul.

Ha! Just kidding. It was mostly due to the overwhelming amount of work I had to do in preparation for my move. Also, it provided an opportunity to update the look and do a little housecleaning. I hope you like the new site.

You will notice that the blog's name has changed somewhat. Brother Lawrence is in new digs and a new job—not entirely of his choosing. However, the change is good for you, my dear little readers, because my work will now take me to the four corners of the globe, meeting brothers of all races, nationalities, ethnicities, ages, heights and weights. You know what that means... more grist for the snark mill.

I've gone with a brighter background, with the blue reminiscent of planet Earth, which is in a sense my new cloister. A new e-mail address has meant little or no spam (for the moment) so the Spam Name of the Day section had to go. I am also without a bicycle for the moment so that section is also gone. Those have been replaced by a countdown until the (approximate) end of my term of office.

It is good to be back.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! It is fantastic to have you back. Will you be travelling to the UK at all? The bloggers here are saving up to buy you lunch.

04 December, 2006 01:03  
Blogger BroLo said...

I have no definite plans for it at this time, but it is always a possibility.

04 December, 2006 09:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah hurrah! He's back! I'll chip in for some .. um .. some chips. Or something.

04 December, 2006 13:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the exclusivity is over because they're letting the peasants and the abroad people in now and i'm leading the advance for all.

04 December, 2006 17:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! I am delighted, simply delighted to see you here! SMACK! (kiss on the cheek, of course)

04 December, 2006 18:05  
Blogger BroLo said...

[Blushes] Ah, shucks.

04 December, 2006 22:06  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Great news!!

I'm so glad you're back, and eagerly await the new and improved monkly snarkiness.

05 December, 2006 21:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home