Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

05 May 2006

Legenda Fratrum, Part III

In the late 1960's, times were a-changing in the Order. During his official visit to the novitiate, the Provincial* walked into the recreation room one evening and found one of the novices dressed in (gasp!) jeans and a tee shirt.

Provincial: Frater, wouldn't you be more comfortable in your habit?

Novice: I didn't join the Order to be comfortable, Father.


*The regional head honcho

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe birthday best wishes are in order. Have a holy one.

05 May, 2006 09:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touche to that boy ...

05 May, 2006 13:46  
Blogger BroLo said...

Thanks, Bobble.
I don't think said boy has been seen since, Pog. But his legend lives on.
I picked your blog at random from the scrolling list on Blogger, Steffie. We share a love of bicycling, although I have never french-kissed my bike. I don't live anywhere near Mass., so can't ride the trails you mention, but I hope one day to participate in Ride the Rockies.

05 May, 2006 16:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home