Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

23 April 2006

Legenda Fratrum, Pars II

Brother X introduces himself to a busy, new parish volunteer....

Bro. X: Hi, I'm Brother X.
Mrs. Y: Hi, Brother. I'm Mrs. Y. I'm copulating this evening.
Bro. X: {cough cough} Umm... I... umm.... What?
Mrs. Y: Copulating. I'm copulating this evening.
Bro. X: That's umm.... Well, I mean, umm.... Oh.
Mrs. Y (more slowly): You know, on children's religious education night, one of us is in charge of making photocopies for the teachers. I am copy lady this evening.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is what you get for calling yourself Brother X. She probably thought you were called Brother Sex and somewhere there's a blogpost from a volunteer describing an embarrassing incident with a Brother...

23 April, 2006 10:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I presume that if education night is once a month she was also menstruating.

23 April, 2006 23:06  
Blogger BroLo said...

Heather: I suppose people hear what they want to hear.
Moobs: That will be 3 Our Father's, 3 Hail Mary's and 3 Glory Be's.

24 April, 2006 16:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tunnel vision ..?

25 April, 2006 14:08  
Blogger BroLo said...

They don't call it the ear canal for nuttin'.

25 April, 2006 16:22  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, good Lord. She must be the same woman who once told me, "My consensus of opinion is..." She also wanted to "corroborate" with me on a book.

I'm happy to know she's found gainful employment as a copulator.

07 August, 2006 17:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home