Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

13 April 2006

Legenda Fratrum, Part I

Overheard while passing the cloister's toilet:
"You beast! When I was young, you ruined my soul. Now that I'm old, you're ruining my shoes!"

Please notice my pretty, new background. Pretty, new and pilfered. Bless me father, for I have sinned....

Also, today marks the beginning of a new feature on Soliloquy: Spammer Name-of-the-Day. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stealing? From the internet? Now, I'm shocked.

13 April, 2006 17:32  
Blogger BroLo said...

Can you ever forgive me?

I'm curious. Is Hev an alter ego of Heather. Should I say things like, "I think I'll take a board and chalk down the frog and toad" when you sign yourself Hev?

14 April, 2006 04:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were a few 20sixers who always referred to me as Hev - one of them has a blogger blog now and so I always use Hev when I comment on her blog, and the cookie thing remembers Hev - I didn't notice that I'd used it here. It's still me - you don't need to treat me any differently - just the usual respect will be fine.

14 April, 2006 11:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops. I laughed so loud at that 'overheard' that I think my colleagues may suspect I'm not actually working right now.

18 April, 2006 14:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home