Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

14 July 2006

Legenda Fratrum, Part VIII

Brother A: "I'm the only brother here who has a paper proving that he's sane" (Which was true. He'd had a psychological evaluation a few years earlier.)

Brother B: "Oh, Brother A, never lose that piece of paper!"

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee .... veh good BroLo.
Come to think of it, I could do with one of those.

17 July, 2006 09:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there provision for periodic reassessment?

17 July, 2006 09:35  
Blogger BroLo said...

Couldn't we all, Pog.

Good point, Moobs. Without a doubt, some thought an immediate second opinion was called for in Brother A's case.

17 July, 2006 15:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll write you one if you return the favour.
I've just written myself a fantastic reference from my old boss (I'll hold him at gunpoint to get his signature). The danger in that, of course, is that you have to live up to it with future employers.
It's a delicate balance. And as you know, delicacy is my strong point.
Who pointed and laughed? Who?

18 July, 2006 15:52  
Blogger BroLo said...

Okay, how's this:

I hereby certify that Pog is:
Conscientious
Resourceful
Articulate
Zestful
Young-at-heart.

Now would you kindly stop pointing that thing at me?

18 July, 2006 16:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you shared your "condition" so openly here. I thought it was a secret. I applaud your honesty Brolo.

18 July, 2006 23:04  
Blogger BroLo said...

Technically, OGC, it wasn't me. It was Zunthar, the viking warrior who shares my body.

19 July, 2006 02:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw what you did. You
Naughty
Utterly
Tempting
Titillating
Example (of)
Righteousness.
x

19 July, 2006 11:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny. I'm to tired to make smart lists (sigh) but funny.

19 July, 2006 13:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home