Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

26 June 2006

I can't believe the news today

Two articles in the local newspaper caught the brothers' attention today. One was an interview with some local witches.

Reporter: Is it true most covens do rituals naked?
Witch: "Ah - you mean sky-clad," said [the 52-year-old] Merovingia briskly. Many do, but since she and Cornelius founded the coven in 1992, "we just do not go there," she said.


Good decision. I do like the term "sky-clad", however.

The second article reported on research that suggests that some migraine headaches can be cured by sex. Hmm. We have been trying to lower our aspirin bill. I may have to further research this matter. In the interest of the brothers, of course.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like skyclad too, but I don't think I'd go there either.

26 June, 2006 16:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that sex can give you migraines. So I've heard.
Ahem.

26 June, 2006 17:37  
Blogger BroLo said...

I understand, Heather. The jealous looks from the other women would bother you.

Aha! Conflicting information. This calls for even more investigation, Pog.

26 June, 2006 20:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh BroLo, I have never known you to get migraines. I am wondering if their sudden occurance might be a direct result of this research study.

26 June, 2006 20:34  
Blogger BroLo said...

Ah, but maybe I was already doing research before you knew me. I'm a very inquisitive guy, you know.

27 June, 2006 03:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do let me know the results of your ... umm .. fieldwork, BroLo.

27 June, 2006 12:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Australians have discovered taht migraine is caused by sending electrivc pulses into the brain which suggests that either the sex-cure theory is nonsense or else the Wicca engage in some pretty bizzare practices.

28 June, 2006 23:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home