Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

07 June 2006

Legenda Fratrum, V

Brother M, who was making a name for himself as a writer and speaker in the area of social justice, was visiting a monastery in New York. After being introduced to one of the younger brothers of the cloister, the young brother asked Brother M what he did in the Order.

Brother M: I live the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Young brother: Well, la-di-fucking-da. So do I.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant

07 June, 2006 17:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy am I proud that I made you start blogging.

07 June, 2006 18:32  
Blogger BroLo said...

Thanks, Heather. I wish I could take credit for the retort, but at least I had the foresight to chronicle this important moment in the Order's history.

Do I detect snarkiness, Anne? Or are you being uncharacteristic?

08 June, 2006 02:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you weren't a celibate monk I'd give you a HUGE snog for that! And demand that you come wipe the coffee off my monitor that just erupted through my nostrils in what can only be described as slightly less than ladylike fashion.

08 June, 2006 09:41  
Blogger BroLo said...

If you didn't have coffee coming out of your nose, I'd take you up on that offer... on my day off.

08 June, 2006 16:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*blows nose hastily*
*puckers up*

09 June, 2006 12:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home