Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

28 January 2007

What? It's January already?

I can't believe that it's been over a month since I last blogged. It seems like a mere five weeks since my last post. On the bright side, I've used the time to craft a clever, informative, well-honed post.

Of course not. It's the same ol' crap as always. Since all my regular readers have by now abandoned any hope of seeing a new post here, I can write about them with impunity. For instance, did you know that Pog buys the cheapest shampoo she can find? Moobs drinks milk out of the carton. I'm not kidding. Heather picks up bits of lettuce that have fallen on the floor and throws them in the salad bowl when no one is looking. I swear. Belgian Waffle sometimes put recylable plastics in with the non-recyclable garbage. Oh yes she does. Claudia once parked without putting a sufficient amount of money in the meter. Bobble has a stash of pictures showing dolls in skimpy lingerie and compromising positions—could I make this stuff up? Helen admitted that she still thinks of it as Bombay rather than Mumbai, to this very day.

Whew. I feel much better having gotten these sordid secrets off my chest. Especially since I know that the above-mentioned will be none the wiser.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see it as a means of providing extra protein - there is lots of protein on my kitchen floor.

28 January, 2007 18:21  
Blogger Open Grove Claudia said...

I cannot believe you would break my confidence in this public forum. Next time, you do the parking...
SHEEZ....

There I was in desperate need of advice (pinot noir or merlot?) and all you can think about is the parking!

28 January, 2007 23:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that, BroLo.
Anyway, I buy the cheapest everything I can find - I have a pathological aversion to paying full retail price for anything.
Every fule no dat.

29 January, 2007 13:29  
Blogger BroLo said...

Well! That's the last time I trust the Internet to keep my secrets!

Heather: Not to mention minerals. People spend lots of money in health stores buying minerals. You provide them for free! You're a regular Mother Teresa.

OGC: I did give you my advice, but you ignored it. Pinot Noir and merlot, but after you've parked.

Pog: That's exactly how I feel about sex.

29 January, 2007 18:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*splutters*

30 January, 2007 15:25  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I shouldn't be hearing this.

Tiptoeing out of here now....

02 February, 2007 08:42  
Blogger Anne said...

Well, only occasionally, when I'm very tired and emotional.

02 February, 2007 11:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home