Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

13 May 2010

Air Frere

By pure coincidence, I have reached a milestone, of sorts, today. Upon landing in Burbank today, I have flown 477,721 miles (768,817 km) since being elected to my present position in the Order. That is 10 miles (or 17 km) more than the distance from the earth to the moon and back (using the average distance between the earth and the moon).

 
How do I know this? Because I keep a record of all my flights, which you can check for yourself here. Want more fun facts? Of course you do! I have:
  • flown enough miles to circle the earth over 19 times
  • flown .005 of the distance to the sun
  • spent over 1000 hours inside planes
  • been in 31 countries
  • spent time in 103 different airports
  • flown on 51 different kinds of aircraft
If nothing else, I can say that I have gathered no moss in the last three and a half years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moobs said...

And yet I still have not had the opportunity to buy you lunch in London.

13 May, 2010 10:28  
Blogger BroLo said...

Unfortunately, England is not part of my territory. The closest I have been is Edinburgh. Hope, however, springs eternal!

22 May, 2010 22:38  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Impressive. And equally impressive is that you keep track of your travel stats. But just think, you could have been to the moon and back, although I'm not sure there's an airport there, or what one packs for such a trip.

29 May, 2010 19:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home