Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

31 January 2007

Just call me 'Columbus'

It would seem that I have discovered a new country. I checked my site stats this morning and discovered that one percent of the visitors to my site are from an "Unknown country". Not an unidentified country, mind you, but a country that is actually unknown. Without a doubt, I will be very busy for the next few weeks taking care of all the formalities involved in registering a new country with the United Nations, setting up diplomatic ties, and most importantly, finding a crisis that will require huge inflows of cash from the World Monetary Fund.

The first order of business, however, is giving the country a name. I am thinking of something that is morally uplifting, something that speaks of the pride and dignity of this country's great inhabitants, something that will motivate them to bring out the best in themselves and in others. I've narrowed it down to Brolandia or Brolostan. Which do you think I should go with?

It is unfortunate that I had to make this discovery in 2007. Nothing rhymes with seven, which rules out a nice little ditty, such as: 'In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue....'.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we know what rhymes with seven, don't we boys and girls? It's heaven isn't it boys and girls?

Do you think it might be your guvnor keeping tabs on things?

31 January, 2007 19:01  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Brolostan, definitely. Caller ID often turns up "unknown" callers, but an entire country?

You'll look good in your Emperor's robes and crown. And with a little foreign aid, you'll be fine.

02 February, 2007 08:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I dunno. I think Pogovia has a certain ring to it, don't you?

02 February, 2007 17:58  
Blogger Open Grove Claudia said...

I agree with Heather - and undiscovered land? It's heaven.

06 February, 2007 04:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm siding with Pog. She's more dangerous.

07 February, 2007 02:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moi?
*blinks innocently*

07 February, 2007 13:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home