Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

22 October 2007

House art

While out for a walk one afternoon in the suburb of Sydney where I am staying, I stumbled across some funky house art that I had to share with you. Clicking on the pictures will give you a larger version.

This first one was so clever, it made me smile. [Hint: Look on the porch below the painting.]

This picture below are just a few of the ceramic sculptures that filled the front lawn of one house. Unfortunately, the lawn was quite a bit above street level so I could not get a good picture. At least you get the idea.


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Open Grove Claudia said...

How fun! I love that kind of stuff - of course no one in their right mind would want to see my art - but it's fun that people put their art up! :)

Hey, I decided to add a friar to the book - what shall I call him??

22 October, 2007 23:54  
Blogger BroLo said...

A book? Sorry, I must have missed that post. What is the book about? What's the friar's motivation?

23 October, 2007 00:02  
Blogger Open Grove Claudia said...

The friar is just there to drink with and give advice. Sheez. Isn't that what friars do?? He's motivated by... um...

I don't have any idea what motivates friar, BroLo. I keep asking and...

The book is a thriller, part of a series, the main character is a good Catholic girl. (Total fiction, you can see!) I think you'd like it but there s-e-x in it.

She has some trouble and needs advice of a Catholic kind. So rather than going to her family/childhood priest, so goes to see a friar called.....

help me out here.

23 October, 2007 22:28  
Blogger BroLo said...

Well, Lawrence is the obvious name. It was the name of the kind, understanding friar in Manzoni's The Betrothed. If that feels too much like plagiarism, how about: Solanus or Pacificus or Leopold or Callistus. That's if you want to go with a traditional sort of name. If you want a progessive, modern type of friar, I'd go with Brother Keith.

24 October, 2007 03:20  
Blogger Open Grove Claudia said...

Yay! Thanks for the help! I was afraid if I named him, I'd name some actual friar. :)

You rock, BroLo.

So... what motivated you to give the name? ;)

24 October, 2007 16:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he is there to drink with how about Brother Bibulous

07 November, 2007 04:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home