Soliloquy in an International Cloister

Watch your step as Brother Lawrence takes you inside the monastery walls of a five hundred year-old international order. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you had ignored your hormones and joined the monastery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

17 May 2008

My momma always said...

if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Which is one of the reasons I have never said anything about our President, Mr. George W. Bush. I am deeply indebted, therefore, to Mr. Wellington Webb, the former mayor of Denver, who found something nice to say about Mr. Bush in his speech to the Colorado Democratic Convention.

"Mr. Bush," he said, "has single-handedly demolished the myth of white supremacy."

It's true. You can always find something nice to say about a person.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wellington Webb is indeed impressive. I didn't realize your trip included the Convention - how is it?

18 May, 2008 05:27  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wellington is definitely one of the good guys.

20 May, 2008 14:14  
Blogger Odat said...

Just dropping in for a visit from Claudia's....Hi and funny post here!!
Peace

21 May, 2008 14:51  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm popping over from Claudia's, too. That's a very funny post. At least you can quote a dig at someone - works for me.

21 May, 2008 17:28  
Blogger Unknown said...

CEO suggested I read you and I'm glad he did! Webb's quote is my new favorite - thanks for sharing!

23 May, 2008 15:52  
Blogger BroLo said...

Welcome to all my first-time readers. What kind of pictures does Claudia have of you that she could blackmail you to read this blog?!

01 June, 2008 17:31  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

And also any myths about humans being higher on the evolutionary scale than the other animals.

13 June, 2008 09:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home